«

Stanford Theatre Gallery

Palo Alto, CA
Project Info Credits

The Stanford Theatre, a beautiful Greek/Assyrian style movie theatre first opened in 1925. The David and Lucille Packard Foundation purchased the theatre to preserve the historic building and provide a proper setting for exhibiting films from Hollywood’s Golden Age. Established for the purpose of operating the theatre and promoting the preservation and public appreciation of classic films, the Stanford Theatre Foundation’s programming consists of 100 percent classic films, primarily from the years 1920 through 1965.BAR worked closely with The Stanford Theatre Foundation to expand the lobby space  to enable the display of the owner’s extensive collection of historic movie posters and movie memorabilia; and to provide additional support facilities for theatre patrons. The addition involved the annexation and reconstruction of a neighboring one-story building with the interior designed to be compatible with the existing lobby of the historic theatre.