You have already been responsible for production and coordination of project files, consultants, drawing sets, design visualizations and other graphic materials. Are you ready to take that to the next level with a firm where practice and passion unite?
We are currently seeking Job Captains with 5-8 years of professional experience in an architectural practice, ideally with 2 years of multifamily residential experience. We have opportunities in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
We are looking for talented, driven Job Captains well on their way to leading with boldness, innovating with purpose, insisting on rigor, making it about people, practicing environmental stewardship, and able to work effectively independently as well as within a highly collaborative process. Our ideal candidate will have experience with both new construction and adaptive reuse, Revit proficiency and experience in putting sets together at all stages of design and documentation, as well as coordinating consultants and project teams/deadlines.
- Bachelor of Architecture degree required. Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe CS.
- Knowledge of construction documentation methods.
- Knowledge of Type V construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing.
- Experience with consultant coordination, including structural, civil, landscape, lighting, mechanical, geotechnical and surveyors.
- LEED AP preferred, but experience working on LEED projects and a commitment to become LEED AP welcome too.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must - graphic, oral and written.
How to Apply
We prefer that you use email to submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, but we will also accept hard copy originals. Be sure to let us know if you'd like them returned.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via mail: HR Director/Resume BAR Architects 901 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
We also kindly ask the following: no phone calls, no drop-ins, and no recruiters.
BAR Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.