Are you passionate about the intersection of technology and practice? But also grounded by your practical experience as a practitioner? We have a unique opportunity for an experienced BIM-Digital Design Manager who wants to lead, do and inspire!
The position is a hybrid role with one foot in the technology of the practice and the other in the day-to-day practice of architecture and design. It requires expertise in a broad array of design software, a solid foundation in all phases of architectural practice, and the ability to balance multiple projects and an interest in the smart applicaton of new technology.
Key attributes include passion for technology and the way it can accelerate design, self-motivation, good judgement and prioritizing, a collaborative and highly communicative workstyle, ability to synthesize complex information for the less technically savvy, and skills to engage effectively with the office at large, project teams and office leadership.
Specific project-related responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building Information Model (BIM) setup and early project technology planning
- Continuing Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain BIM quality and fidelity
- Developing and maintaining BIM modeling and information standards, and to maintain continuity of information across multiple applications
- Assisting teams with BIM Execution Planning and the generation of BIM workflows
- Implementation of effective information protocols and workflows between project teams and external consultants when needed
General management and technical support responsibilities include:
- Leadership and management of the Digital Design Core Initiatives and bi-weekly meetings including meeting minutes and project tracking; quarterly reporting/discussion at Principals Lunch
- Management of the BIM Leads Group and their knowledge sharing sessions
- Maintaining and enhancing standards and practices, including monthly knowledge sharing of those materials
- Training of and assistance for teams and individuals in the fundamental operation of BAR standard design applications – Revit, SketchUp, Adobe CS, Rhino, Lumion, Sefaira, and others as determined
- Technical orientation for new staff and refresher courses of key systems for individuals or groups
- Technical support for design applications
- Coordination of annual budgeting and applications support in partnership with our IT team
- Participation in other projects and opportunities as they are identified
- Maintain an awareness of emerging software/hardware/technologies that may advance the firm’s goals and enhance BAR’s digital design capabilities. Report to the Core Group as opportunities/needs arise.
How to Apply
We prefer that you use email to submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, but we will also accept hard copy originals. Be sure to let us know if you'd like them returned.
Via mail: HR Director/Resume BAR Architects 901 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
We also kindly ask the following: no phone calls, no drop-ins, and no recruiters.
BAR Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.